Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Socializing as a military wife

One thing I have learned as a military wife is that it is important to socialize....with a lot of different ladies. Don't just stick with one lady that you met and really like. You never know when that friend will move or if she'll one day go insane-o on you and quit talking to you or decide she has found better friends. As our closest friends are all about to leave for new duty stations, I continually think to myself that I am SO glad that I fought the urge to just do something with the same couples and not branch out to other people I've met. If I had not branched out, I would be left friendless and alone at this base as all my friends are leaving.

It's important to stay connected with a lot of people. Now, you need to be best friends with everyone, but I think it's a good idea to rotate who you have lunch or coffee with during the week. Or invite a new couple to dinner on Friday night. Mix it up! Don't keep doing things with the same people. I'm not saying stop doing things with your close friends all-together, but branch out a little bit and do a little bit with everyone.

You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment