Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Friendships and Coffee


Today I met a dear friend for coffee. After a few hours of chatting (amazing how fast time flies when you're talking to a good friend) and I was on my way home I started thinking how very rich I am in friends. The life my husband and I have chosen for ourselves can sometimes be a difficult one. But wherever we go we have found instant family in our military friends. My military friends are now scattered in all different parts of the world and  it's sometimes strange to think had my husband chosen an "easier" profession, I would not have met some of the amazing ladies in my life today. The cool thing about the military is you meet people from all different backgrounds with different experiences and views on life. You learn from their experiences and grow in all aspects of your life. I think that is so cool.

Of course, you do occasionally meet those "crazies." I've met my share, trust me. As I said, you meet people from different backgrounds and different experiences-- so it's bound to happen! But you just forget about it and MOVE ON! Focus on those ladies that you know "are in your corner" and love YOU for who YOU are...

Why don't you call a good friend and ask them to meet you for coffee. You'll be glad you did. It's so refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment