Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let the diet begin....AGAIN!

I'm no longer one of those people that is naturally skinny. When I got married I was skinny, and it was never hard to stay that way. After a few years of marriage, I just kept packing on the pounds. Now my weight is a CONSTANT STRUGGLE! I feel like all I have to do is LOOK at the cookie, piece of cake, or milk shake that my HUSBAND is eating/drinking...and I gain the weight. All he has to do is walk to his car and POOF!...All the weight is gone.


What annoys me is there is more pressure for a woman to be skinny and in shape than a man. However, men lose weight SO.MUCH.FASTER. than we do. I've never been labeled "obese" but a few years ago, I was labeled "overweight." So, I went on a diet. And I lost weight. And now, I've gained some of it back (not all of it, but some of it). I said last night to my husband, "I'M FAT AGAIN!!!!!! ALREADY! I FEEL LIKE I JUST LOST MY WEIGHT!" He assured me that I wasn't fat (he's a good husband, right??) and it just takes a lot of work to keep weight off. Not for him... he loses weight by changing the channel on the TV. He also "forgets" to eat lunch. (who forgets to eat, by the way??...I guess that's my problem...I remember things!). My mom always told me never to trust a skinny cook. Too bad I'm not a cook. :)


SO, as of today, I'm back on my diet to lose those 15 pounds I've gained back. I know if I don't lose these 15, they'll turn into 30...40...50...etc. etc.! So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment